Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Violin Concerto from E-flat Minor

 I. Allegro Moderato

This violin concerto started out as a symphony. Around the time where the violin comes in is where I decided to change this composition from a symphony to a violin concerto. My reasoning was that I thought it might be a fun challenge since I haven't yet composed a violin concerto.

The cadenza in this movement should be improvised on top of a steady note played by the basses, much like what's described in the "Bathroom Fan" Improvisational Exercise. I composed an example cadenza for those who might not want to improvise their own cadenza.

At the end of January 2026, I started traveling internationally and have taken many pictures along the way. The pictures that I share with you this video document where my travels have taken me so far.


Download Score

No comments:

Post a Comment