This short piece was improvised and recorded as part of a larger improvisation session on December 14, 2025, one day before I donated my video cameras and lighting equipment to a local high school. A few days later, I donated my piano to another local high school.
In early 2025, I decided to retire so that I could spend time traveling internationally while I'm still relatively healthy and have my mobility. I disposed of my possessions throughout 2025 (except for what I could fit into my backpack), let my apartment lease expire, and departed the U.S. at the end of January 2026.
It's highly unlikely that I'll be able to maintain my piano skills while traveling, since getting access to a piano or organ in different countries won't be as easy as I had hoped. Instead, my plan is to take the opportunity to devote more time to composing, a skill that I want to improve upon. I'll continue to keep this blog updated with anything new I might want to share.
Dear Think B, I can't think of anything to say other than to wish you all the best in your travels. Your approach to improvisation is by *far* the most effective I've ever encountered; encouraging simple improvisations right from the start, teaching mainly by example, with some explanatory text to help us get past road blocks. Outstanding.
ReplyDelete