Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Quiet Contemplation to C Minor - A Baroque Style Improvisation

 The improvisation in this video was recorded on February 18, 2022. The legato and staccato markings are meant as a general guide and not intended to be strict instructions. I merely annotate my improvisations the way I played it and not necessarily the way I expect you to play it. I understand that I walk a fine line when transcribing my music. The last thing I want to do is stifle the interpretation of others. I welcome other interpretations. But be careful not to take too much liberty with your interpretation.

A day or two after an improvisation session, I listen to all my improvisations to see which ones I like well enough to upload and share. I passed over this improvisation a couple times because I didn't see much in it worthy of sharing. But after listening to it a couple more times, it started to grow on me and I enjoyed it more each time I heard it. So I decided to transcribe, upload, and share it. As usual, I didn't edit out any of my mistakes to keep the recorded improvisation authentic.

An hour improvisation session generally yields 10-15 pieces depending upon the average length of each improvisation. A two-hour session yields double that. But only 5-10% of the pieces I feel are worthy of sharing. Those that make the cut are transcribed, uploaded, and shared.

If you want to try and play this piece for yourself, feel free to download the sheet music below. And please consider making a donation. Thanks so much for your support!





No comments:

Post a Comment