This composition was completed in December 2019. Fugues are my favorite compositional types to listen to and analyze, most especially those composed by J. S. Bach. I love turning up the volume and getting lost in the counterpoint. This piece for two pianos fulfills my own desire to make a compositional contribution to this art form. You might notice that, compared to my improvisations, this piece is more structured. This is due to the fact that I'm able to devote more time to the compositional process, unlike with improvisations which require immediate decision making on the fly. During improvisations, I also have a tendency to forget what the main melody or subject was.
The pictures in this video were taken during past travels.
If you have a piano buddy and want to try and play this piece for yourself, feel free to download the sheet music below. And please consider making a donation. Thanks so much for your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment